CMDE develops Curricular units in various subjects to suppliment the generally prescribed Curriculam. It also develop new techniques and guidelines for learners-evaluation.
- To adopt existing items & develops new items for elementary education and elementary teacher education programmes.
- Teaching learning for general as well as locally developed curricular units- especially primers for classes I and II in tribal languages in districts having substantial tribal population.
- Techniques and guild lines for continuous and summative learner-evaluation.
- Tests, question/item banks, rating scales, observation schedules, guidelines for diagnostic testing/remedial programmes talent identification procedures etc.
- To help DRU in development work as above for Adult and non-formal Education.
- To undertake testing on sample basis to assess achievement levels among learners, especially with reference to Min levels prescribed for the primary and upper stage and for adult learners under NLM..
- To conduct workshops for the adaptation/development work mentioned in (1) above, as also in-service programmes relating to CMDE.