PSTE is the prime branch of DIET which offers a 2 years D.Ed Course for post higher secondary students.
The stress is on over all development of commitment in student teachers towards the learners, the society professional growth and basic human rights.
- To serve as the nodal branch for the following:
- Organizing pre-service course for elementary school teachers and to provide academic inputs into such course.
- Propagation of learner centered education and education for personality development through training, extension, preparation of suitable teaching aids, action researches etc.
- All general matters concerning teaching methodology and specific matters concerning teaching methodology of the school NFE subjects represented in the Branch.
- Provision of Psychological Counseling and guidance services to schools and NFE/AE centers of the district.
- To provide inputs into programmes/activities of all other branches of the Institute, to the extent of subjects/areas represented/handled in the Branch.
- Maintenance of science Lab, Psychology equipment, Room for Art education, and equipments and facilities for sports and Physical Education.